Welcome

Everything that I write about on this blog is something I truly, use, think and/or believe. I do not accept sponsorships for this blog. If you have any questions about a service or resource for small business owners, feel free to email me-contactATlovelylittleladies.com. I'm more than happy to give you my opinion on it.

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Finding your business niche

We've all been to yahoo groups or message boards where fellow business owners have 8+ links in their signature line! I have seen some women who affiliate with dog treat stores AND adult romance companies.

As a customer, I would like to buy from someone whom I believe really knows about their company (or the one they represent). If you are a representative for so many companies, do you have the ability to know all about each companies products and can answer customers questions correctly and in a timely manner?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should only have one company. I myself am a Mary Kay rep (for personal use with some family as clients), and I own two online stores. But my stores both sell Children's clothing and items. That's my 'niche' and what I love to do. I love to buy clothes for my young niece and created a business out of that.

It is much easier to do well in a business if we like what we are selling. I honestly doubt that someone who sells for 8 or more companies truly enjoys each one and LOVES every product.

As women we tend to believe that we can do it all (and sometimes we can!), but why split up our time/energy into so many companies when we can invest A LOT of time into one or two?

Just think how much more successful we could be.

No comments: